There is a symbiotic relationship between the host and the bacteria which leads to weight gain or weight loss.
- Aids in digestion of food
- Protects the body from invading organisms
- Strengthens immune system
- Creates neurotransmitters
- Create and synthesize vitamins
- Influence our mood and temperament
- Focus on a diet rich in prebiotics for e.g. raw vegetables and fruit. Prebiotics provides the healthy bacterium in our gut with the food it needs to thrive.
- Probiotics or Fermented foods such as kombucha, sauerkraut, kimchi, raw or organic apple cider vinegar etc help to increase healthy bacterium in the gut.